Changing behavior is VERY hard work. I tell clients that they will not be able to do new behaviors perfectly or consistently. The best most of us can do is be aware of when we’ve missed the mark and then make the correction. My colleague David Bresler calls it “Fail Your Way to Success”.
In 2013 every time I fail to keep a resolution I will see that as one more step toward success. However, even though I may not be able to consistently keep my 2013 resolutions I’m REALLY going to try.
My 2013 Resolutions:
- I will think a lot more about how I could get more organized.
- I will read more real life stories about how women lost weight and successfully kept it off.
- I will focus more on doing things that come easily to reduce the amount of wasted time on figuring out what is difficult.
- I will stop dwelling on what I resolved to do in 2012.
- I will spend 2013 getting ready for 2014.
Wish me luck!