On doctor’s “orders” I’ve been struggling to lose weight. The biggest problem I’ve discovered is swallowing. Now that art classes have resumed I think I’ve solved the “swallowing problem” . . . I’m painting . . .
“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.”
A Turkey’s Tail
His story is such, so they say
Waking at dawn
he’d peck at the lawn,
searching for bugs,
nibbling on slugs
of which he was particularly fond.
Then a Thanksgiving day, out of the blue
Gobbledy gobbledy gone.
So if YOU took Tom from off his farm
in the middle of the night
please give him due thanks
for gracing your table. (It’s fitting and right).
And for all the bugs and many slugs
which make him an organic delight
Dear Human Beings,
- I am thankful that I was not born in places that eat dogs.
- I am thankful you are all my best friends and fans.
P.S. I was told to tell you my Human wishes that you things to be grateful for in your life, like me for example.
It’s THAT time of year again for “Cooking with Judy” Here’s my yearly Thanksgiving post — cuz it’s tooooo good not to be shared!
I have a reputation, among those who know me, to have an “interesting” sense of humor. Even though How to Cook A Turkey with 500 degree heat sounds like a joke IT IS NO JOKE.
- Pre Heat oven 500 degrees (this is not a typo)
- Clean the bird
- Throw it into a covered container – put on lid or aluminum foil
- Do not add ANYTHING to the pot and/or the bird.
- Do NOT baste or look at until time is up (you will hear burbling, don’t worry, by the time you hear burbling the turkey is dead)
- Bake (and I do mean BAKE), 7 minutes per pound, unstuffed at 500 degrees FARENHEIT
- 7 1/2 minutes per pound, stuffed
- Yes, it comes out brown and beautiful.
- No, it is moist and delicious
- I always put the stuffing in a casserole rather than the turkey – others have stuffed the bird and said it was great.
- Yes, it will smell like Thanksgiving not like a house-on-fire.
- No, PETA would not endorse this because it is more humane . . . for the cook
- Yes! 500 degrees. It is not a typo
- Yes, 7 minutes a pound
It’s unusual to receive a card in snail mail nowadays. Increasingly, social media, text and e-mail messages are the choice for everything from birthday greetings to wedding invitations. It was a nice surprise to receive a card from Sharon Bonin-Pratt (A “CURIOUS” Well Done Woman) and was struck by how lovely and whimsical the trees were.
I was even more surprised and delighted when I saw Sharon had hand drawn and painted it.
Peggy, too, loved it and made it into a poster. With Sharon’s urging we are donating one third of all profits to The Gentle Barn, Animal Rescue charity. (Judy)
“It is a tree of life to all who grasp it,
and whoever holds on to it is happy;
its ways are ways of pleasantness,
and all it paths are peace.
Web-site: Sharon Bonin-Pratt’s INK FLARE
Everything I know about men I learned from my cat.