Never occurred to me I would experience this FIRST in my lifetime.
I’ve had many memorable firsts:
- First time out of the womb, which I actually don’t remember.
- First boyfriend Richard Burack. He was the cause of the FIRST irregular heart beat,
- First sexual experience (no skipped beats, just fear of getting caught)
- First trip on my own: In my teens; Plane taxied out, turned around; Everyone off while they check the engines. (FIRST time my heart stopped beating)
- First job: High school, Sears part-time clerk when it was still called Sears Roebuck
- First pet: Butchie. I won him in a adopt-a-dog contest, writing a letter telling the TV station why I should have him. (When I won, my parents hearts stopped beating)
- First brother: Actually he’s my only brother. He was the cause of my no longer being an only child. I wasn’t too enamored with him. I had fantasies of flushing him, head first, down the toilet. Instead, I spent most of HIS FIRST years tormenting him. (But that’s another story)
Here’s the story:
Susan Kelsey, past president of Orange County CAMFT (California Association for Marriage Family Therapists) has been trying to send out my workshop announcements to the membership. It’s a service OC-CAMFT provides for members. For a long time now they get returned as undeliverable. It’s been puzzling, frustrating and time-consuming for Susan. I received this from her this morning:
“Yea! Success! I finally figured it out. Your original email is probably flagged in the system as potential spam promotions for your workshops. Anyway, I also suspect that any email with your full name in it might trigger the same response. That’s why I chose one on your list that didn’t have your actual name in it. And it worked!
I’m so sorry this has been such a pain in the neck for you! I have NEVER had any other member who has encountered this problem.”
A FIRST for OC-CAMFT too!
I wonder if Susan will find this memorable?
2900 Bristol Street, Suite G101
Costa Mesa, CA 92626