You’ll be relieved to know I’ve run out of Forrest Gumpisms. (But you must admit I was on a roll!) Today is some more of the one line drawings and paintings from last week-ends workshop.
These are what I call “PROCESS PAINTINGS”
- Acrylic paint is the medium – it dries fast
- Sponges, sponge brushes and q-tips to smear, dab, dribble and smush the paint on the canvas
Instructions are to use color to express feelings in a step by step process (created by Laurie Zagon, Art & Creativity for Healing, a wonderful non-profit)
- Focus on Loss- someone or something, physical, emotional, personal and express the feelings with colors
- God, spirituality, giving and/or receiving love and express that with colors
- You can essentially do whatever you want to express your feelings. The only rule as Laurie taught me is to cover the entire canvas with paint so you have a complete painting and no canvas showing.
- If you don’t have canvas use paper.
- If you don’t have acrylic paint use crayons.
- I know you have feelings!