What a day! Cool, crisp, slight wind, clear blue sky. Went on my daily prayer walk with Max – my way of celebrating God, giving gratitude and Max’s way of celebrating being a dog.
Giving gratitude always includes Jim. When I was at a crossroads, Jim was heaven-sent. He taught me about Baha’i. It was as if my eyes opened to a world I had always known and believed:
- All humanity is one family.
- Women and men are equal.
- All prejudice—racial, religious, national, or economic—is destructive and must be overcome.
- We must investigate truth for ourselves, without preconceptions.
- Science and religion are in harmony.
- Our economic problems are linked to spiritual problems.
- The family and its unity are very important.
- Bahá’u’lláh came to bring unity to the world, and a fundamental unity is that of the family. Bahá’ís understand that the family is the basic unit of society and unless this all-important building block is healthy and unified, society itself cannot be healthy and unified. Bahá’í writings say, “If love and agreement are manifest in a single family, that family will advance, become illumined and spiritual.”
- There is one God.
- All major religions come from God.
- World peace is the crying need of our time.
Jim, my eternal appreciation and thankfulness for Your guidance, gifts of confirmation and Your love. You’ve opened my heart, ignited my mind and elevated my soul.
P.S. from Max who wants you to know he’s eternally grateful for the prayer walks!