If you’ve been following my blog you know that fish posts have been good to me in blogland – Butterfly Fish, Glum Fish – I decided to honor them with a picture (and it amuses me). Easy, Fun and anyone can do it.
- Took a child’s watercolor set (I didn’t take it from a child – it’s my own child’s watercolor set I bought for $1)
- Wet the paper with water in a random pattern. (I used a brush but a make-up sponge or q-tip will work)
- Put some red, orange and yellow watercolor on top of the wet paper and just let it flow.
- Put some more red, orange and yellow watercolor on top again and let it flow.
- After it dried I kept turning the paper around and around looking for my fish.
And there they were!
Took a fine line sharpie and outlined the little suckers (no complaints so I continued)
Gave them eyes so they could see what’s happening.
- Took out my markers, colored pencils and started putting color on top of color
- Then I doodled. They didn’t seem to mind sooooo
- I doodled some more.
Lucky for them I’m doodled out today so they have time to acclimate to their current finery. Can’t decide what to call each of them? I think they are related to the Butterfly Fish, cousins several times removed.