Four Phases of Motivation
- Ow! Avert the task that hurts
- Oooh! I’m getting the task done
- Mmm: I have time to do things I love
- Wah! Here comes another task . . .
Continue repeating all 4 phases, knowing the Mmm’s are worth their weight in gold!
- Ow! The task hurts
- Oooh! I’ve found something else to do that feels better
- Mmm: I do the activity that feels good & is interesting
- Wah!: The original task hasn’t miraculously gone away.
Continue repeating all 4 phases to become an expert procrastinator.
Moving from Procrastination to Motivation – FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2011
Costa Mesa, CA