Grass Head Materials
You will need:
- Old nylon stockings or pantyhose. Knee highs and pop socks, work great. You can also use regular old socks, but the grass sometimes has trouble poking through.
- Grass seeds. I bought a small “lawn repair kit” which has seeds pre-mixed with slow release fertiliser, but you can use whatever seeds you’ve got handy. I hear that rye or alfalfa seeds also work well.
- Sawdust or potting mix for stuffing. Or just some soil from your garden. I got a bag of sawdust for free from a big hardware store – they seemed happy to get rid of it!
- Small yoghurt pot.
- Decorations. Goggly eyes and fabric scraps for the heads, coloured paper for the bodies, pipe-cleaners for spectacles… get creative 🙂
- Water-proof glue. For sticking on the eyes, lips, etc. I used hot glue, but you can use any sort of glue so long as it won’t dissolve in water.