Only 1 day till Thanksgiving, 27 days till Chanukah! 31 days till Christmas! 38 days till New Year’s! Time is running out. (Actually “time” doesn’t run out it since linear “time” is just a tiny mechanism in our brains that helps us keep our sanity).
Instead of having a traditional Thanksgiving meal loaded with high calorie, fat filled, sugar laden food shake things up and start a new tradition: Here’s some possibilities:
- TWINKIES (for Maureen)
- Turtle cheesecake
- Tuna fish
- Trix cereal
- Tootsie rolls (for Wendy)
- Tortilla chips
2. Go straight for the fat filled, sugar laden empty calories – Start with desert and skip the rest.
5. Adopt a turkey, instead of eating one.
6. Go to bed tonight and don’t get out until January 3, 2012
- Instead of buying a tree watch your friends decorate (and take down) theirs
- Convert to Judaism
- Sit in the lobby of a 5-star hotel and enjoy EXPENSIVE decorations.
- Make dinner potluck, you supply the paper plates and plastic cutlery
- Christmas dinner – Start with dessert and forget the rest.
- Sit on the beach in Bali
- Go to bed on the 23rd and get up on the 3rd
- Only buy presents for Jesus.
- Put a cover on the outside chimney opening so you don’t have to put out cookies and milk.
1. Watch your friends decorate (and take down) their Christmas tree.
2. Convert to Christianity
3. Stay in a 5-star hotel for 8 days and nights.
4. Use credit cards instead of gelt
5. Instead of gambling with a dreidle at home go to Vegas
6. Don’t give presents, do good deeds
7. Go to bed on Thanksgiving and wake up on Christmas
9. Eat macaroons with Ben & Jerry
1. Remember, you are in bed until the 3rd, unless you’re Jewish.
2. If you are Jewish, go back to bed.