7 whole graham crackers (1 cup/250 mL finely crushed)
1/4 cup (50 mL) powdered sugar
6 tbsp (90 mL) butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz or 43 g each) milk chocolate candy, divided – 16 bars, whole
12 large marshmallows
- Taste chocolate to release endorphins to feel good.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Imagine a person you are angry at is in the bag with crackers. Smash crackers with fist or finely crush into crumbs using a roller.
- Eat chocolate to feel good.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in small bowl. Using Small Scoop, place scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini-muffin pan.
- If you don’t have a mini muffin pan go to shopping mall. When you can’t find a mini muffin pan at the mall buy a pair of shoes and purse if you are female. Buy a big screen TV and leather recliner if you are male.
- Wearing your new shoes and/or sitting in leather recliner watching TV, press crumbs to form shallow cups in muffin pan with fingers or bottom of a small glass.
- Eat chocolate for enough energy to continue pressing crumbs.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles and eat the rectangles to re-energize from all this work you’ve done so far.
- Break two more of the bars into rectangles
- Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.
- Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using shears or scissors dipped in cold water (helps minimize sticking).
- Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup.
- Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened.
- While waiting for marshmallows to softened eat more chocolate.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes.
- While waiting for cups to cool eat some chocolate.
- Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
- Break remaining candy bars and place in (1-cup/250 mL) Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute-1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1 hour or until set.
Yield: 24 cups
Taste test: Eat S’more cups
- The first cup – focus on taste of graham cracker crust. Make notes of how you might want to increase the butter, powdered sugar.
- The second cup – Focus on the taste and consistency of the marshmallow. Make notes of how you might want to add extra marshmallow.
- The third cup – focus on the taste of the chocolate. Make notes of how you might want to add extra chocolate.
- The fourth cup – focus on taste of how all the ingredients blend together.
- The fifth cup – focus on taste of how all the ingredients blend together again.
Nutrients per serving: (1 cup) Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 60 mg, Fiber 0 g
- The time it takes the chocolate to set varies depending on weather conditions and room temperature. You can refrigerate the cups briefly until the chocolate is set; store them at room temperature.
- Store the cups in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Freezing is not recommended because there won’t be any left to freeze.
- For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute dark chocolate candy bars for the milk chocolate. Taste the dark chocolate before substituting to make sure it has a rich chocolate flavor.