I’m in Santa Monica, CA. teaching an Interactive Guided Imagery 4 day intensive with my friends and colleagues Daru Maer and David Bresler. I’m only about 1 1/2 hours from where I live in South Orange County but since we work from 9 am to 6 pm every day I’m staying at the hotel where it’s being held.
Here are the MOAN-a-ca parts:
- So far all I’ve done is work, eat and not sleep very well. The first night away my body always protests sleeping in a strange bed.
- I’m so stuffed from eating 3 large meals a day that all I can do is moan.
- Daru fell “out of” the bath tube this morning (don’t ask, it’s a convoluted tale). She’s ok but very sore.
- Forgot my toothpaste
- Forgot my camera charger and only got 2 pictures before it went kaput.
- My heart has decided it’s time to practice arrhythmias to remind me to slow down.
- Lost my reading glasses.
- My computer won’t load photo’s because of hotel’s weird & slow internet access
- A great group of students from all over the country – including Alaska – are in attendance.
- The food is delicious and I’m indulging myself.
- Daru lent me a pair of glasses
- You can get free chocolate chip cookies all day and evening at the front desk.
- I don’t have to clean the bathroom or make the bed.
- We got FREE vouchers for the all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast EVERY morning (the hotel messed up some room arrangements). HOW CAN I NOT PASS UP A FREE BREAKFAST?
- Daru and I laugh at each other a lot.
- Hotel internet access is free.