How do I know when I’m seriously sick? I lose my taste for coffee and sweets. NOW THAT’S SICK. But I am willing to sacrifice myself for all YOU, my loyal followers, and do a sweets for Valentine’s Day post.
(Low Calorie) Red-Velvet-Oreo-Truffle-Brownie Bars
(To get the REAL recipe, the full directions and list of ingredients click here: http://pizzazzerie.com/
Red Velvet cake mix
Oreos (This is a labor-intensive recipe, buy 2 packages to keep up your energy making all the layers)
Chocolate bark and/or mini chocolate chips.
Follow all MY instructions to make this a low-calorie treat.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, egg, water, and vanilla extract and mix well (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer). (Burn calories by beating by hand for an hour or two till thoroughly mixed)
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray. Pour in red velvet brownie batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Stab vigorously with toothpick many times to burn extra calories)
- Crush package of Oreos – food processor (Think twice . . . no calorie burn) – or large plastic bag and rolling-pin. (It’s painful to participate in destroying Oreos in anything other than an intestinal track so this is where you start eating the second bag )
- Melt cream cheese in a microwave to soften. (or skip this step and go directly to #6 beating cream cheese and Oreos into submission, burning more calories)
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth. (DO NOT skip this step as cream cheese helps Oreos to heal from being crushed. Stir VIGOROUSLY to burn calories)
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands (BOTH hands to burn double calories) to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies (and further traumatizing the Oreos).
- Melt chocolate candy bark and pour over top Oreo truffle layer (Stand & march in place while doing this to burn calories).
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
Let cool completely before cutting into squares. (Use a spoon to eat while still warm. Spoons use more calories than knives)