After my last post lamenting that my readership had fallen off, I rarely got comments and I didn’t know if I should continue blogging I received 3 direct e-mails telling me the comments box was missing from my post . . .
As is my professional bent to find meaning in life’s experiences I’ve been mulling, mulling over the meaning of my “comments” box disappearing.
My Mulling Conclusions:
Don’t lament what isn’t, be grateful for what is.
Do what I can, in the way I can, when I can.
It is what it is.
Everything’s an ingredient in the crock pot of life. Let simmer before ingesting.
Mulled Cider Recipe
(Did you think I wouldn’t find some way to free associate?)
- 1 gallon Apple Cider (preferably filtered, but as in life it’s not always possible to filter)
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole Allspice
- 3 teaspoons whole Cloves
- 4 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 dashes Nutmeg
- 1 Orange, sliced in half
- Pour cider into crock pot. Stir in brown sugar.
- Put allspice, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a coffee filter or cheesecloth. Fold up the coffee filter or cheesecloth, making sure the spices can’t fall out. Tie up with butcher’s twine and place into the cider.
- Place sliced orange, sides down, into the cider.
- Cover and heat on low for several hours with spice bag and orange halves in the cider the entire time.
Halve the recipe for 10 or less people.
Let me know how it tastes. I don’t intend to make the recipe. I don’t like cider, just the mulling.
always with love,