I NEVER make resolutions because I’m afraid – afraid I won’t keep them and then I’ll feel bad and then I’ll feel guilty and then I’ll tell myself I’m worthless and then I’ll get depressed and then I’ll isolate myself and then I’ll lose all my friends and then I’ll spend the rest of my life a broken, lonely woman collecting old memories like shards of broken glass.
Now that I’m 70 (almost) it’s time I stopped living a life of fear. This New Year I made resolutions that I know I can keep.
I RESOLVE to:
- Modify and/or eliminate any resolutions I don’t do, forget what they are or don’t suit my fancy.
- Enter the HGTV Dream Home sweepstakes to win a house that has been professionally cleaned. (I am not giving you the link because I don’t want to diminish my chance of winning)
- Floss (Gotta do it anyway cuz as I age my gums recede and coffee gets stuck in my teeth.)
- Get 5 hours of sleep every night. (I already sleep 8 hours)
- Feed Freddie. (Freddie made me include this)
I’m feeling braver already.
If you have foolproof resolutions PLEASE let me know – I’m planning ahead for next year.
Watch “my” celebration!
“Dubai ushers in 2015 with world’s most-watched New Year’s Eve spectacle by Emaar and a Guinness World Records title. The ‘Largest LED-Illuminated Façade’ around Burj Khalifa was the centre of all glitz as it regaled the teeming spectators with one of the world’s brightest visual displays to date. Over 4.7 tonnes of fireworks were used for the fireworks display with 25,000 shots lighting up the sky!”