“The Oxford English Dictionary has added a slew of new words, and let’s just say these awesomesauce entries will have you fangirling.”
- fast-casual, adj.: denoting or relating to a type of high-quality self-service restaurant offering dishes that are prepared to order and more expensive than those available in a typical fast-food restaurant
- cakeage, n.: (informal) a charge made by a restaurant for serving a cake they have not supplied themselves
- beer o’clock, n.: an appropriate time of day for starting to drink beer
- hangry, adj.: (informal) bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger
- wine o’clock, n.: an appropriate time of day for starting to drink wine
- snackable, adj.: (of online content) designed to be read, viewed, or otherwise engaged with briefly and easily
- barbacoa, n.: (in Mexican cooking) beef, lamb, or other meat that has slowly been cooked with seasonings, typically shredded as a filling in tacos, burritos, etc.
- cupcakery, n.: a bakery that specializes in cupcakes
The Two-Way challenged their colleagues to see who could use the most new additions in a single sentence. Here’s Lauren Hodges, THE WINNER!!!
“Hey bruh, NBD and I don’t want to bants or act all butthurt, but I will straight-up rage-quit our lease over your fur-baby, who is rly not awesomesauce, despite your repeated attempts to mansplain its resting bitch face as “pensive,” or its constant theft of my frozen barbacoa burritos because it was hangry and craving something melty even though you get all cheffy for it three times a day, or its butt-dialing my ex because you didn’t see my phone sitting there while you were getting it to kayfabe all over the table for your rando friends, or my swole eyes being from my constant celebrations of beer o’clock and wine o’clock because we both know that dog manspreads all over my pillows when I’m not home, so stop with your weak sauce deradicalization and attempts to make this a skippable topic and by the way, you might want to get it to stop chewing my shoes before it gets hit on the head with this mic drop, mkay?”
For the complete list of new words – tech related, silly, political/social developments AND other mouthful-entries click HERE
Don’t think that because I picked out only the food related new words to share with you I am a rando (randa?), mkay?