Twenty-eight days since fracturing my ankle (but who’s counting). I was looking forward to my doctor’s appointment yesterday (“looking forward to a doctor’s appointment” – now, that’s a first for me) thinking I will finally give the orthopedic boot the boot and be frrrrrrreeeeeeee. Not. I forgot the ligament was going to take longer to heal than the bone.
- The good news: The bone is healing, I don’t have to wear the boot to bed, the wrapping is off and can take a shower without my foot sticking out into the room.
- The mediocre news: I have to transition from the boot into an ankle brace sloooooooooowly . . . for a month.
- The bad news: My ankle hurts if I walk and pain makes me crabby.
This would make a lesser person take to the bottle. Which reminds me, today is National Wine Day. Read this fascinating post on the benefits of wine which include things I need RIGHT NOW:
- Anti-aging (who knew?)
- Blood thinning (so it no longer boils)
- Boosts immune system
- Increases bone density
- and . . . 6 more benefits (you’ll have to click on the link below to learn how all 10 benefits help you)