Win a free Hypnotic Healing Recording!
Win notoriety for your grammatical excellence, for your knowledge of the English language, for your keen mind,
for your perseverance, for being up to date and up to the challenge of
submitting all the different ways UP is used that are not up-loaded in this post.
Now . . . UP is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word
- It’s easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but
- when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP ?
- At a meeting, why does a topic come UP?
- Why do we speak UP and
- why are the officers UP for election and
- why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report?
- We call UP our friends.
- People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.
- To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special.
- A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.
- And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver;
- we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen.
- We lock UP the house and some guys fix UP the old car..
- We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.
- We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!
- Use the word “up” in a sentence or a phrase that has not been used in this post.
- DO NOT look the word UP in a dictionary because in a desk-sized dictionary, up takes UP almost 1/4th of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions.
- Send your entry in ONE (1) comment (in the comment box) to this post: https://judithwesterfield.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/win-this-contest-up-up-and-away/ (I will not count up the number of UP’s sent to me by e-mail or multiple comments)
- Deadline for submissions: Monday, September 5th 5 pm
So if you are UP to it, try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used and send it.
It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don’t give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more and be the winner of a free Hypnotic Healing Recording!
Don’t let UP get you down.
for this post!
Rose, for sending this to me I’m giving you a leg up!
5 extra credit points!
P.S. Check up Rose’s blog to see what kind of person would up and send me this!