Random blobs of water color
If you’ve been following my blog you know that fish posts have been good to me in blogland – Butterfly Fish, Glum Fish – I decided to honor them with a picture (and it amuses me). Easy, Fun and anyone can do it.
- Took a child’s watercolor set (I didn’t take it from a child – it’s my own child’s watercolor set I bought for $1)
- Wet the paper with water in a random pattern. (I used a brush but a make-up sponge or q-tip will work)
- Put some red, orange and yellow watercolor on top of the wet paper and just let it flow.
- Put some more red, orange and yellow watercolor on top again and let it flow.
- After it dried I kept turning the paper around and around looking for my fish.
Rotating the rotate
And there they were!
Took a fine line sharpie and outlined the little suckers (no complaints so I continued)
Gave them eyes so they could see what’s happening.
- Took out my markers, colored pencils and started putting color on top of color
- Then I doodled. They didn’t seem to mind sooooo
The big guy doesn't look too happy with my doodle.
Lucky for them I’m doodled out today so they have time to acclimate to their current finery. Can’t decide what to call each of them? I think they are related to the Butterfly Fish, cousins several times removed.
She's obviously easily amused . . .