It’s never to early to plan ahead. I’m thinking to qualify for the Top 10 Cutest Animals in Science for 2015. I just have to figure out the science part. Any ideas?
Freddie Parker Westerfield, CA
- Freddie Parker Westerfield, CA
Frog goes a-courting
She thinks he’s a toad
- Need to live near water
- Have smooth, moist skin that makes them look “slimy”. (That’s what happens when you use too much lotion)
- Have a narrow body
- Have higher, rounder, bulgier eyes
- Have longer hind legs (They can wear skinny jeans and look good)
- Take long high jumps
- Have many predators (I’d rather be a toad)
- Do not need to live near water to survive
- Have rough, dry, bumpy skin (They don’t like lotion as they don’t want predators – see the last item on this list
- Have a wider body (low center of gravity)*
- Have lower, football shaped eyes (More photogenic than frogs)
- Have shorter, less powerful hind legs
- Will run or take small hops rather than jump (*low center of gravity)
- Do not have many predators. (NO KIDDING! )Toad’s skin lets out a bitter taste and smell that burns the eyes and nostrils of its predators, much like a skunk does.
And neither frogs nor toads will give you warts! That is just a myth. Virus give you warts but that’s another post.