I’ve been a bit sparkless but Carla Sonheim’s Spark lesson on doing one-line faces I had energy for.
One I drew from my imagination, one using a photo of a real person and another is a person on TV. Bet you can’t tell which is which . . . !
You can do this too. Just put your pen down on the paper and keep drawing using one continual line. It’s fun and easy . . . as long as you have no expectation to have it hanging in the Museum of Modern Art.
A wonderfully irreverent friend sent this to me. I have edited NOTHING out because Linda wants: None of that Sissy Shit!
Here is the unadulterated, unedited, unexpurgated, intact e-mail LINDA SENT ME.
P.S. The drawings are using one continuous line without picking up the crayon, by moi.
“Are you tired of those sissy ‘friendship’ poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cute little smiley faces on this ~ Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.”
1.When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3 When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.
4. When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until you’re NOT.
5. When you are worried ~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.
7.. When you are sick ~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don’t want whatever you have.
8. When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I’ll help you up.
9. This is my oath …. I pledge it to the end. ‘Why?’ you may ask ~ because you are my friend.
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Send this to 10 of your closest friends (including the one who sent it to you).
Then get depressed because you can only think of 4″
Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you. . .