Dear Freddie Fans,
Because I’m not allowed to go anywhere without a leash I KNOW how to cope. This week I will share what you humans can do. Since I’m Editor-in-Canine-Chief for several blogs I have a trove of posts to share with you. Here’s today’s bit of my wisdom.
Get out of the house. Just remember to keep 6 feet of distance from other people, Find an area where you won’t encounter crowds.
- Pot a plant
- Repot house plants.
- Weed, mulch, rake & mow
- Start birdwatching. Coronavirus hasn’t bothered birds. Download a birdwatching map. Sit in your backyard or near a window.
- Take a brisk walk You can still exercise – It helps your immune system be strong.*
- Go on a stroll. Sniff around and clear your mind.
- Sit outside & breathe fresh air. Notice things about the world around you that you didn’t see before.
- Bike ride.
- Meditate, journal, draw in your yard or patio.
Resting after munching the lawn, bird watching, walking and sniffing.
*Exercise which increases immunity and reduces the stress response . . . even if it’s marching in place for 5 minutes without a leash.
Take a 10 minute walk outside – 5 minutes out and 5 minutes back. The colors of nature are also calming to the brain.
Dear Freddie Fans,
Because I’m not allowed to go anywhere without a leash I KNOW how to cope. This week I will share what you humans can do. Since I’m Editor-in-Canine-Chief for several blogs I have a trove of posts to share with you. Each day I’ll share a bit of my wisdom.
Here’s my first recommendations for HUMANS
Ya Gotta Take Care of your Mental Health.
- Connect with family, friends. If you can’t get a scratch behind their ears you will have to settle for the phone, internet or writing a note or letter.
- Meditate, pray.
- Take a nap. One of my favorites.
- Video chat.
- Share funny messages on social media. Do NOT share conspiracy theories – leave theories to bonifide scientists.
- Take a warm bath.
- Take another bath.
- Go outside, get some fresh air and sunshine .
Keep your paws busy:
- Tackle a puzzle.
- Make art. Download my human’s free coloring pages.Click here for the PDF
- Humans like to knit, sew, paint
- Do all the stuff I’ve watched humans put off – taxes, clean closets.
- Play board games. Chess and checkers seem to be fun for humans . . . go figure
- Fix something around the house.
- Rearrange the furniture.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Pet your pet.
- Brush your pet.
- Feed your pet.
- Give your pet treats
Tell me what you do to keep your paws busy!
See ya tomorrow.
click here for: “How to Cope in Uncertain Times” on Max your Mind